Date: 24-25 September 2022
Workshop organized by BaanDinDoi and hosted by ‘Earth Home’ near Chiang Mai (www.earthhomethailand.com)
Join us over a week-end to discover the advantages of building with earth. It is especially suitable for people who are thinking about building with natural materials (mostly earth) and want a soft introduction, see some examples of buildings, ask questions, get some basic practise etc
- Learn how an earth building provides thermal comfort and energy savings
- Visit and comment on ‘Earth Home’ buildings made out of earth
- Hands-on fun session to make ‘adobe’ bricks dried in the sun: brick-making, preparing earth mortar and laying the bricks.
- Introduction to earth plastering
- Several question and answer sessions
- During the breaks, enjoy walking in the garden or the village, relaxing in a hammock, practising your yoga routine
- Options: stay Saturday night at Earth Home in a lovely room made out earth. Thai massage on request: 200 bahts per hour.
After the course
- You will be invited to participate in our building projects (maintenance, extensions or new buildings) in our land (Chiang Rai), for a reasonable fee. This will allow you to get more practise and learn other skills
- Join our short workshops to gain more knowledge and practical skills, with a 5% discount.
Workshop in English, limited to 8 participants
Trainer: Alain Madec, natural builder and founder of ‘Baan Din Doi’.
Course schedule: 8.30 to 18.00 with several breaks; Lunch break: 12.00 to 13.30
All meals will be vegetarian food with some meat and fish options. Wifi available.
We ask all participants to refrain from any illegal drug use or excessive drinking while staying in the place.
You will stay in a adobe bricks room. The bedroom has its own private toilet and bathroom.
Enjoy your stay at Earth Home !
Safety/sanitary measures (covid 19)
We want to provide a safe environment for us and every participant. We organised the workshop and our place to ensure safety:
- Classroom sessions in a open room (natural ventilation)
- Hands-on session outdoor
- Available hydroalcoholic gel
2,200 baht/person for the week-end, including instruction and two meals (lunch).
Option: Stay Saturday night at Earth Home: 650 bahts per person including accommodation, one diner and one breakfast.
Registration for more than one person: 100 bahts discount per person
For more information or registration, contact us at email@example.com