This course is suitable for a person (or a small group) who seek an overall introduction to earth building OR have a plan to build an earth home and need basic design skills.
You can choose the topics (classroom or hands-on session) you want to learn among the followings:
– Thermal mass and insulation
– Passive cooling and heating
– Bio-climatic design
– drainage and foundations
– Design: reflect on your building project and make a draft design of your home that will be discussed with the instructor
- Soil testing
- Earth building techniques: Cob, Wattle and daub, Adobe, Light Earth
- Earth plastering
After the course
- You will be given printed handouts and the digital version of the training materials including additional documents (PDF files, Videos) and useful links if you wish to learn further
- You will be invited to participate in our building projects (maintenance, extensions or new buildings) in our land (Chiang Rai), for a reasonable fee. This will allow you to get more practise and learn other skills
The course will be held at our centre, 30 kms south of Chiang Rai.
Trainer: Alain Madec, natural builder and founder of ‘Baan Din Doi’.
Course schedule: 8.30 to 18.00 with several breaks; Lunch break: 12.00 to 14.00
Participants will stay in a tent (one or two people). We propose this simple accommodation to help making the workshop price more affordable to people. We plan to have rooms for guests in the near future and we hope you will enjoy simplicity for now ! However, if you prefer to stay in a nearby resort/home stay, we can arrange the transportation to come to the course every day, unless you have your own vehicle.
All meals will be vegetarian food with some meat and fish options. Wifi available.
We ask all participants to refrain from any illegal drug use or excessive drinking while staying at our centre.
Safety/sanitary measures (covid 19)
We want to provide a safe environment for us and every participant. We are fully vaccinated and will accept only fully vaccinated participants. We organised the workshop and our place to ensure safety:
- Classroom sessions in outdoor hall (natural ventilation)
- If more than one participant: Practise sessions in separate areas (a few meters distance from each other). Use of individual equipment (tarp, trowel etc)
- Available hydroalcoholic gel
- Cleaning before, during and after the week-end
The price depends on the number of days and if you will stay at Baan Din Doi or in a nearby resort/home stay. Discount offered for two people or more.
For more information or registration Contact email@example.com