This course is suitable for someone who seek an overall introduction to earth building OR have a plan to build an earth home and need basic design skills. If you wish a customized course for more than one person, please contact us.
You can choose the topics (classroom or hands-on session) you want to learn among the followings:
– Thermal mass and insulation
– Passive cooling and heating
– Bio-climatic design
– drainage and foundations
– Design: reflect on your building project and make a draft design of your home that will be discussed with the instructor
– Earth building techniques: Cob, Wattle and daub, Adobe
– Earth plastering
After the course
- You will be given printed handouts and the digital version of the training materials including additional documents (PDF files, Videos) and useful links if you wish to learn further
- We will provide answers for simple questions related to your building project
The course will be held at our centre, 25 kms south of Chiang Rai.
Trainer: Alain Madec, natural builder and founder of ‘Baan Din Doi’.
Course schedule: 8.30 to 18.00 with several breaks; Lunch break: 12.00 to 14.00
We can pick up you the day before the workshop begins at Chiang Rai airport or at the bus station and will give you more details by email. To know how to get to Chiang Rai, click here.
Choose to stay either in a tent or in a private room
Wifi and 220 V electricity are available.
All meals will be vegetarian food with some meat and fish options.
We ask all participants to refrain from any illegal drug use or excessive drinking in our centre.
The price depends on the number of days and the type of accomodation. Discount offered for two people or more.
For more information or registration Contact email@example.com