2018 Dates: 17-19 December; 2019 Dates: 1-3 February, 26-28 March, 19-21 April
Click here to see the full calendar.
This 3 day workshop will help you to better understand the characteristics and advantages of a well-designed natural building. It is especially suitable for people who have no prior knowledge about natural building and want to learn the techniques. This will enable them to make decisions on future projects. The workshop combines classroom learning with hands on building and a guided visit to our site and demonstration areas. The course covers the following topics:
- Overview of several building techniques
- Designing your building (site selection, orientation, local context etc)
- Introduction to passive cooling and heating
- Introduction to thermal mass and insulation
- Building practise using earth through 2 techniques: Adobe, Wattle and Daub
- Plastering practise
You will be given a USB memory stick containing a summary of the training materials including additional documents (PDF files, Videos) and useful links if you wish to learn further.
The course will be held at our centre, 25 kms south of Chiang Rai, and will have a maximum of 6 participants.
Trainer: Alain Madec, natural builder and founder of ‘Baan Din Doi’.
Course schedule: 9.00 to 18.00 with several breaks; Lunch break: 12.00 to 14.00
We can pick up participants the day before the workshop begins at Chiang Rai airport or at the bus station and will give you more details by email. To know how to get to Chiang Rai, click here.
We will provide simple accommodation in a tent (tent size: 2 m X 1.8 m). A mattress, blanket, pillow will be provided. A hammock, chair and small table are available near the tent if you wish to retreat for some privacy. Outdoor toilets and cool or hot showers are close to the tents. Wifi and 220 V electricity are available. There is also an area to play volley-ball, badminton !!
All meals will be vegetarian food with some meat and fish options. We will try to use the most organic vegetables, fruits and products available.
Participants will also be asked to take turns to help with cooking and cleaning the dining area.
We ask all participants to refrain from any illegal drug use or excessive drinking in our centre.
3,500 baht/person (93 euros, 106 USD). This fee includes instruction, accommodation, all meals during the course, pick-up and drop-off at the Chiang Rai airport or bus terminals.
1) Email us to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Once we have replied to your email, a 1,000 baht deposit is due to secure your spot. Please understand we cannot hold your spot until we have received your deposit. The deposit is non-refundable unless:
- We cancel the course (e.g. if there are fewer than 2 people registered) or
- You cancel your registration by emailing us at least 14 days before the first day of the course
We ask you to transfer the deposit to our bank account (details to be provided). The remainder of the course fee will be collected in Thai baht during the course or you may transfer the whole amount beforehand if you prefer.
For more information Contact email@example.com